Saturday, September 3, 2011

Let the Fun Begin!

Friday morning we witnessed a special event at our continuing prayer vigil. God decided to show a bit of His power and glory. Let me share the facts with you:

I arrived a bit before 8am. I had forgotten my sign. However, another prayer volunteer was there, who had changed her schedule unexpectedly, and she had a sign. I was talking with her, when a woman stopped to talk with us. "Do you have information on adoption?" she asked.

I pulled out our list of local pregnancy resources and gave the woman contact information for adoption assistance as well as doctors, pregnancy help centers, and other services. She told us she was 4 months pregnant and didn't want to have an abortion, but had been addicted to heroin, and wasn't sure about the baby. She said, "I'm broke. Is that a problem?" I said, "That's why all these places are here to help you," and wrote my telephone number on her flyer, asking her please to call me if she had any further questions or difficulty.

"Thank you so much! It's a sign from God that you were here this morning," she said, as she walked off. The other prayer volunteer and I agreed. We were so amazed and thankful to God that this woman had decided to speak with us and seek the help she needed for her child. Also we were glad to be there for that woman to help and answer her questions. No woman should ever feel alone in a crisis pregnancy or that she has no other choice than abortion. We completed our shifts prayerfully, as the clinic workers arrived, and the abortion facility opened for business.

To God be the glory, great things He has done, and will continue to do, each and every day. Did you see the new 40 Days for Life video on Planned Parenthood closing in Sherman? For me the most inspiring part is around 9 minutes into the video, when Ramona, former clinic manager, is speaking. Her message really focuses on the power of prayer. God led her to leave the abortion industry, but He did so only after many prayers were offered on her behalf by faithful prayer volunteers. I'm looking forward to seeing great things this fall in our community as well.

Over the next few days we will inform you about the different parts of our campaign this fall and the different ways you can participate. Please keep our efforts in your prayers, as we work towards an exciting and coordinated campaign for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment