Thursday, May 5, 2011

Some Additional Accounts, Spring 2011: Part Two

Yesterday while at the vigil, I was feeling a little down by the recent news that the Senate did not vote to defund Planned Parenthood. I also didn't have a sign or my rosary, so I wasn't feeling all that prepared to stand vigil. I did have my 40 Days for Life t-shirt on and Christian prayer book :). While praying, a man stopped in his car and I said hi, and thought I had talked to him before, but he said no, this was his first time to talk to us. He asked what we do there. I said we're praying to end abortion in front of two abortion clinics. He said he is Muslim and it's terrible that these kinds of things happen. He said he sees us standing there a lot and asked if we accept donations. I said well, yes, for our material. As I fumbled through my bag, I found a 40 Days for Life leaflet and when I looked up to give it to him, he was handing me $20. I was so touched... and I still am. I said thank you and asked for his name. He said "Ali," and please pray for his son, who is in intensive care. He drove off and I waved goodbye, a bit teary-eyed. I could not help but thank the Lord for the encouragement He brought me through that man, and for the support we have in this battle for Life.

Maria relieved me from the vigil and I asked her to give you the $20. So, you probably know about the story, but I thought I'd recount it again.

God Bless, Jacinta. Never lose faith, hope, or love.

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment