Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 32: Respect Life - A Good Cause

It's Saturday, and we all like to work on our cars, yards and houses, but today some of us are busy putting flyers on doormats and praying at the vigil! Well, for all you wild and wonderful prayer warriors and paper boys out there, fellow vigil keeper Jack shares this light-hearted anecdote:
On my way home from Stations of the Cross two weeks ago, I had an unfortunate fire occur in my vintage VW. The car was totaled.

Yesterday, I was standing at the counter at the DMV surrendering the license plates to remove the car from the DMV roster.
The lady who was working the transaction for me was joined by another lady who needed information.

The second lady took a look at the plates and said, "I've never seen these before."

Lady #1: "Oh yeah, aren't they nice?"

Lady #2: " Well, I'm just going to have to get me a set when I register my car."

Lady #1 agrees.

They were the yellow Respect Life plates that I bought two years ago when VA first made them available.

So to mitigate the pain of losing the 1971 vehicle that was my pride and joy, I'll take satisfaction in knowing that it gave its soul for a good cause.
Also, we have good news regarding the prayer intention from yesterday. Lenny's baby was born a healthy 5 lbs. and last news they were waiting to finish all the procedures with the mother. So please continue your prayers for Mom Lenny, and let's praise God for the healthy birth of her baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment